The symptoms of damage vary depending upon the event or events that caused the damage. The most common symptoms are "breakage" - hair that breaks easily, a bad case of the "frizzies", split ends, hair that has lost its shine or luster, and hair that has rough spots or feels rough all over. But there are ways to deal with this problem.
It's pretty easy to end up with damaged hair thanks to all of the products, coloring processes, hot rollers, blow dryers, and curling irons that we subject our hair to on a regular basis. But not everything is our fault. In general Wear-and-tear is part of nature. In general wind, rain, pool, saltwater, sun, pollution can also result in damage of some sort.
Hair is not alive and just like our nails once damaged they can't be repaired by cellular regeneration – All we can do is to cut the damage part and allow newly growth hair to replace the old one.
However, there are ways to repair the damage hair "artificially"; There are products and intensive treatments that can help you repairing damaged parts to some extend. Repair products contains silicon based polymers or hydrolyzed keratin that can fill and glue those small cracks on your hair fiber, cover your hair with some protective film and bring your hair back in shine - at least from cosmetic point of view. These products includes moisturizing, intensive conditioning and reconstruction agents to nourish and replace keratin loss.
· Senscience Inner Restore Intensif Deep Repairing Masque - If you are on budget, try the travel size 1.7Oz of this treatment. Its a silicon based masque and a good overall treatment.
· Joico K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor - Your hair is damaged by heat and feels dry? This will help. Leave it on hair for 5 min and it will hydrate your hair
· Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm - If you have coarse hair type then go for this blue package. This is not a repair product but an intense 5-minute rehydrate treatment. Use it when your hair feel dry and brittle.
Some of these products provide you with some temporary solution and is quite useful specially when you are away for long business trips or holidays and have no access to your stylist.
There are two types of treatment: - One for overheated and dry hair and the other is designed for damages caused by chemical treatments such as perm.
· L'Oreal Serie Expert Power Repair B - It's a rehydrate and repair conditioning treatment and works best for chemically-damaged hair. Its expensive but it helps to restore your hair back to its glory.. Well, maybe not all the way back.
· Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Split End Mender - Chemically treated hair? Then this is the right product for you. It contains dual-polymer technology that deeply penetrates porous hair ends, mend and protect to certain degree. Don't expect miracle but it helps alot.
These products also offer additional protection and will help preventing (reducing) future damage while cleansing and conditioning hair fibers. Products rich in antioxidants can also help repair cellular damage caused by pollutants and product build-up.
Split ends are the easiest type to control. Split ends are the result of normal hair wear and tear, but can also by toweling your hair too vigorously when it is wet, over blow drying, and excessive coloring, bleaching, or perms. Another factor that can lead to split-ends is sun exposure. Fine hair is especially prone to splitting.
There is no real cure for split-ends. All you can do is have the ends trimmed and be more careful in the future. However it can be repaired by special serums (lotion-type products) containing polymers that helps mending the damaged area and provide a temporary solution.
· Kerastase Resistance Fibre Architecte for Split Ends - Seals and repairs very damaged lengths - Expensive but very effective.
· Caviar RepairX Split Ends Mend from Alterna - Helps seals plit-ends and protect.
· BC Repair Rescue Sealed Ends from Schwarzkopf Professional - Good for those that have damaged dry hair.
· White Sands The Cure 24/7 hair cell renewal - If you got fine hair then this is for you! Effective for flyaways.
If you suffer from chronic split-ends then resign yourself to having a regular trim every six weeks, or so, as the damage reappears. Keep your hair fortified by using special conditioner once per week and shampooing with a mild shampoo. Be careful not to scrub your hair too vigorously as this may intensify the problem.
· Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger Keratin Intensive Treatment - Do not think of it as a repair treatment but more like a weekly conditioner to enhance and protect what you have with intense moisture and shine and reduce future damage.
Hair coloring and other chemical treatments should be avoided until your hair gets a chance to stabilized and get its natural condition. Continue with the conditioning treatments until your healthy hair has grown back in.
I’d like to suggest u wash & condition your hair at least once a week, twice a week is better. Use hydrating drops or consult your stylist for more help.
Here is a youtube to teach u how to do virgin hair care, pls kindly check:
GOOD NEWS!! BAISI Summer Sale, pls check below.
More details pls contact: