What is a closure?
A closure is a section of hair (about 3-5 inches wide/long) ventilated in either lace, swiss lace, or a silk base made to imitate the scalp and give full protection to your hair! They can be sewn, taped, or glued down. If your hair is broken off, natural, colored, etc. a closure is the best option for you to maintain the health of your hair while you wear weaves.No more worrying about blending, frizzing, coloring, heat damage, or tracks showing! (almost too good to be true, right?)
Normally closures have free part,middle part,three part.
Free Part: There is no part on the closure.Closure has the ability to have a part anywhere.
Middle Part: There is a hairline in the middle of the closure.like the pic below.
Three-Part : There are 3 hairlines on the closure.it allows u to change parting at anytime with ease,left parting,middle parting,right parting at ur convenience.
Some tips on how to take care of your closure:
1. To ensure that your lace closure is installed by the person who is skilled in lace mounting. A well installed hair closure will give you an amazing starting point.
2. When you sleep, use a silk scarf to wrap it and do not tying it tightly. This keeps your lace frontal from moving about at night and reduces friction with your hairline which could cause damage.
3. Try not to blow-dry your weave. Ever! Allow to air-dry. Not only is the blow-dry process too rough for lace, it also makes weave brittle by over drying it.
4. When washing your hair, use a mild sulphate-free shampoo. Sulphates are normally too harsh for weave. Especially if the weave is not virgin hair. They strip your hair of its Keratin coat and makes your weave more prone to tangling. Use a leave-in conditioner, do not skip this step. It is important to use a leave-in conditioner in order to de-tangle strands, tame frizz, reduce fly-aways and keep your hair smooth. Choose one that is light-weight and won’t have your hair looking greasy.
5. Brush your hair from tip to point everyday but be gentle when brushing the frontal area. There is nothing worse than a weave that is unkempt and matted.
6. Never go to bed with a wet weave. This will encourage matting and lead to that musty smell. Wash your hair earlier in the day and leave to air dry.
7. Explore styling methods that do not require heat because heat can zap shine from hair. If you like your hair curly, then use light and soft bendy rollers. These should be used to set your hair overnight and can be used on dry or damp hair not soaking wet hair to avoid matting and odors.